Awards make me super happy. Even when I don’t know whether I deserve them. This year hasn’t seen me blogging a lot. I have too many impending travel posts, book reviews and other things on my mind that I haven’t penned down at all. Yet, when she nominated me for this, I felt happy beyond words. I love reading her blog, the way she uses her words, the mutual love we have for random things from Bodyshop to art and craft and the fact that we sleep on our tummy hugging the pillow 🙂 Thank you MM! This post has been long due but am happy to be doing it at least now.
Since nothing good in life comes easy, there are obviously rules here as well.
Rules Of The Sunshine Award
• Display the award on your blog.
• Show your gratitude and link back to the person who nominates you with the award.
• Nominate upto 10 of your favourite deserving “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
• Link the nominees in your post and let them know they have been awarded.
• Write 10 interesting things about yourself.
And since rules are meant to be flouted, I will shamelessly flout the toughest one – nomination. Instead, I will make a new rule in place (sounds familiar?) – I open this award to anyone here because hey! a little bit of sunshine didn’t do anyone any harm, right? 🙂 Go on and pick this up especially if you are looking for something to inspire you to write.
Now, 10 interesting things about myself. I have no clue whether you will find them interesting, but here goes:
1. I used to come home from school and watch some WWF matches. There was this guy, Rock, who raised each eyebrow individually and it looked so cool when he did that So, I spent days practising the skills and now I can proudly say that I have mastered it. I am suppressing the urge to post photos of it here.
2. Similarly, I can also move my ears back and forth. Now, that is something K had taken up as a favourite pastime until recently. Everytime he needed entertainment he’d go, “Toffee, show me how you move your ears.” I had to use some of my psychology background to wean his obsession.
3. The last one month I have been looking forward to coming back home from work. The reason: I buy myself a peanut butter waffle on my way back from this super awesome place that make yummy waffles. I reach work and am waiting to go back just for waffles. I end up reaching home late owing to the queue. But that moment when I have the freshly made waffle in my hand, the smell of peanut butter and that first bite of the perfect crispiness and juicy insides makes it all totally worth it.
4. I am obsessed with stationery. Like OBSESSED. Like, OBSESSED. So, I have a small shop at home. Yet, I can’t for the life of me find a sharpener when I need one badly.
5. I am currently learning Mandarin. My teacher is so cute that he thinks we don’t know a lot more than Mandarin. Like the other day, he was teaching us animal names in Mandarin and we came to the topic of tiger and he was like, “You know tiger? The animal with stripes which says “Groowwwwllll” and is sometimes in a zoo?” He did this for most animals. It was super cute watching him teach us animals and Mandarin. Okay, this isn’t an interesting fact about me but well, I was itching to share this.
6. I am fascinated by Coorg cuisine and we have been making a few vegetarian Kodava dishes at home the past 2 weeks. I can’t believe I hadn’t tried my hand at them before. I am raring to go to Coorg and spend a few days there on the coffee plantations, savouring honey, buy cashews and learning about their cuisine from a native. And to think, I come from a place so close to Coorg.
7. I am watching some old favourites on youtube with K every night – Zaika India ka, Malgudi Days, Highway on my Plate and now Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai and Small Wonder. Oh the nostalgia that hits you!
8. I had a very interesting and memorable trip to Vietnam last month. We rented bikes and biked across mountains and visited the most amazing spots and had entire days to ourselves. We stopped along the roads, just stood there at high altitudes, stared into emptiness without a spoken word, savoured the sunset and had mango milkshakes at practically every place where they served them. I can’t wait to write about this trip on my blog. I will never forget this trip, ever.
9. I love animes. As I type this, I am watching Madagascar 3 again.
10. I think I am an interesting person. K uses the term crazy.
Over to you now! Thanks MM, I had a whale of a time doing this 🙂