There is atleast one person in this blogworld whom I will think of as a tag-mom. Ofcourse. I am talking of Visha. (Now Visha, don’t corner me for the mom okay? ) She tagged me first and made me get goosebumps all over because I was a newbie at this blog then. I think she really likes me because she tagged me again. Now, who wouldn’t want pick up a tag that is fun and offers a high dose of introspection ?
Ok, kidding. I may not introspect but I will definitely not miss the fun in doing this tag. Here goes (bear in mind, you must read this as if it were a rapid-fire round at BQC):
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Won a war for remote without any scratches on myself or the other. This goes down as the most memorable event undoubtedly. K will vouch for it.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
New Year is one of the inspirations that make me go the resolution-way. There are many many others. So, a typical year will see me making resolutions all year round. I follow some and unfollow some. I sing the hymn “I’m only human” and pardon myself.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I just have a lot of images,events, people, words, music, experiences and feelings etched. They create me, re-create me and make me very thankful for all the goodness and inspiration- almost like biting into a pastry. And then there are gory images and unpardonable offences that sadly remain etched as well – I remember them because I can never forget that strong urge to throw up coupled with a deep feeling of disgust and wretched helplessness.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
There was this time late last year when my dentist had a ball with my wisdom tooth. She tested all her fancy equipments and left the ball inside the gum. So yeah, I managed to convince little kids around that I did not have a sweet in my mouth that I greedily ate without sharing. So yeah, that one.
I am happy with little steps and the teeny surprises I spring on myself and others. I can be obnoxiously ambitious during other times.
5. What was your biggest failure?
I learn lessons all year long. I wouldn’t like to call them failures. Cheesy? Not really. It keeps me happier.
6. Did you suffer illness?
Yes. I did not suffer a lot though with a beautiful family, a pile of amazing books and re-runs of Big Bang Theory around.
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The spineless creatures and the mindless supporters.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Trust me, that’s one thing I want to ask myself everyday but least bother to. It’s all the plastic’s fault I tell you.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Coming to India. Planning something for K. Travelling. Calling home. Buying new books.Trying new food. Writing progress reports and meeting caregivers. Volunteering for an elder-care. Nature walks. Painting my first calvin and Hobbes (still a WIP). Hoarding on stationery. (Looks like that answers a lot of 8) The rumour that our canteen has something vegetarian. And working towards a big dream. And ofcourse, seeing that I am likely to get a seat in the train.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Dhak-dhuk from English Vinglish. Oh, and Gangnam, how can I forget you?
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
The mind always wants more, more and more, eh? But nope. I’ll say am happy with all the blessings.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Every single day 🙂
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
One of the girls I see for rehab. She mesmerized me by playing one my favourites by Beethoven. And all this, after listening to it once. Such a prodigy!
16. What did you want and get?
A lot 🙂
17. What did you want and not get?
A knock-your-socks-off muffin on my first baking attempt. All I got were two UFO’s charred but charming nevertheless. With blueberries inside.
18. What was your favourite film of this year?
Sooooooooo many choices. I watched and caught up with old ones as well. Sowwie, but I just cannot discriminate. I have shared a few in the cinema corner.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent a blissful day with family back in India over phone. Had a beautiful dinner with K outside and walked by the beach until midnight, talking away little nothings to glory. And yes, I listened to an awesome birthday song and surprise by Visha and CD first thing at work ! 🙂 I turned 24.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Our parents visiting us. 2013, are you even listening?
21. What kept you sane?
Sane and me? That’s a tall order.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Always give the benefit of doubt to others. (courtesy: K)
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Indonesia( Tanjung Pinang, Bintan), Malaysia (Kuantan, Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Malacca), Sri Lanka ( Colombo, Negombo and Kandy) and Orissa, India ( Raghunathpur, Kedrapada, Konark, Chandrabagha, Puri and a few more). We also explored around this little island ( national parks and reserves, beach, museum, food joints etc.).
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
One of them could be the Happy Wanderer:
I love to go a wandering along the mountain track and as I go I love to sing, my kanpsack on my back;
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.
You! Yes you, the one reading this now 🙂
Thanks Visha! I loved doing this 🙂