I am here to do what I do best. Show off ! What else?
Before I started blogging, I never knew how people pass on awards. Do they design it? Or how do they know whom to give it to? How lucky are those who get them !
As a child, I used to hanker after the pencil boxes and books that were given away at the prize distribution. I loved collecting certificates and putting them in the certificate folder with papa, ma and Chintu sitting alongside. It symbolised a wonderful family ritual for me. I loved the way papa pursed his lips, ma had a constant smile as papa tucked Chintu’s and my certificates in our respective, bound folders. We would see how many more empty slots were left and then dream of winning competitions next year. Sometimes, we would even think of participating in Ikebana – something we never got to do though!
It gives a strange happiness, doesn’t it? I am not saying that prizes mean everything. Participation is very very important. Enjoying the process is THE thing to do.
But somehow, I wanted those prizes. I did not cry if I did not get them or anything of that sort. But I liked the feel of going on the stage, I liked attending the rehearsals for the “bow”, I wanted our school house (mine was “Shasthri House”) to win the cup, I detested the act of “giving up” and I always dreamt that as Chintu and I walked up stage, somewhere my parents would wipe a tear like it happened in the movies. I can be so cheesy, no?
Even now, you can see me participating in the quizzes they conduct in malls on Environment Day or during Breast Cancer Awareness month. They give hand washes, pink hairbands, tissues, vitamin tablets etc as prizes. But I always plead and grovel with K to participate even if we are super tired. It makes me feel so alive! Now, if there is any competition, like the ones for Children’s day, K urges me to go and participate. They turn me down laughing and looking at me like as though I am forlorn puppy.
So, when I visited one of the bloggers whose writings I love and respect, a blogger who writes on a wide array of interesting topics with a perspective that I can relate to, I was in for a happily happy surprise! The lady none other than Jas who maintains a lovely and inspiring blog felt the same about mine too ! 🙂
Yes yes, she was being super nice, I know 🙂 But who doesn’t want that? So I grabbed them with my two outstretched arms and brought them safely to my space here.
And now for the M-moment!
and wait, there is more!
See my precious? Aaaaah !
Now you know why I am all happliy crazy. Or, crazily happy.
But well, nothing comes without a price, does it?
As per the rules, let me share 7 things about myself.
1. It is K’s birthday tomorrow and that’s all I can pretty much think of now.
2. I can’t decide what is cuter. A doggy’s shiny round ball marble-like eyes that look at you with love and devotion or its amazingly cute nose that looks like a detachable button.
3. I am going home to India in August – that’s like next month !!! wheeeeeeeeee! Tickets booked. The dates and time discussed over 10 hours on phone with ma, pa and Chintu. Every ping on gmail with my family is all about that one week I will be home in India.
4. I want to bake. I want to bake. If not for yummy bread, I want to have that smell of baked stuff in my kitchen. And no, I won’t burn it. Stop laughing!
5. I want to meet Ruskin Bond. Please please please please. I missed meeting Roald Dahl and ofcourse Rudyard Kipling. Please atleast Bond. Please.
6. I am finally going to go ga-ga over Flipkart. Ma thinks I must devote a significant part of my luggae to molaga pudi et al. and Pa thinks I must carry movies and Chintu thinks I must take books and some Hero pens he will buy for me as part of a long-time bet. So I paid extra and booked an entire 37 kgs for my trip that I will anyay exceed by another 10 kgs (ya, I loot my family like that!) and the lady in B’lore airport will ask me to either give up my dosa maav or pay 1000 Rupees for the maav that cost 150 rupees. I will cry and slowly tranfer it from the trolley to my handbag and walk in proudly. Ya, I am the notorious one who bypasses rules. How cool !
7. It’s K’s birthday TOMORROW ! His first b’day after our wedding. Did I tell you that already? Really, that’s all that’s on my mind right now! 🙂
And now, I’d like to pass these to the following wonderful bloggers for they are all lovely and inspiring in their own way:
I know my list is like never ending ! But happiness only increases when multiplied, right?
Make a great week and have fun, you all!